Welcome to Jimmy's Doggie Stand Located at 7 Union Square Phillipsburg, NJ (908) 859-1000
Take home one of our Hot Dogs with everything a local favorite with Mustard, Onion and a Pickle or a Gyro the Best in Town! with our own homemade tzatziki sauce.Many local favorites stop in for Lunch , Dinner or call us with your take out order at:
We will be closed Monday 2/23/15 thru Sunday 2/29/15 (908) 859-1000
SOME HISTORY OF THIS LOCATION
1908-Mr Jim Makris began selling hot dogs in Easton. He used a push cart.
1910-Mr Jim Makris came to Union Square at the old Penn Railroad Passenger Station, which stood where the gas station is. He used a push cart until he built his first stand.
Late 1940’s-He built a modern cup stand a short distance behind the bridge shanty. In 1966, the cup was destroyed.
1966-This was the year Jim’s Doggie Stand moved into Union Square after his nearby cup-type stand was damaged beyond repair by a runaway pickup truck driven by a 16 year old youth from Easton. Baines and Radio & T.V.had moved to Warren St. in P’burg and Jim moved his business into this location immediately. It continued to thrive as usual.
1990– It permanently closed down.Mr Jim Makris died in 1983 at the age of 97.
Mr John Apostolopoulos and Mr. Frank Bounoutas whom worked for Mr Jim Makris opened up their own business shortly after. @ 25th Street Shopping Center in Easton. They are not affiliated with this business.
SMB Construction 2004 has modernized the former Jim’s Doggie Stand.
2004-Mr.Bill Wright-Jimmy’s on the Delaware opened but closed its doors in 2008.
2009-Jimmy’s Doggie Stand opens continuing the tradition of selling hot dogs here at this location with many local favorites.Come in for our Gyros!!
This business is not affiliated with any other.
Family owned and operated by Mr Nick Malatos.
Pictures and history inside the building are from Mr Ron Wynkoop